RAISE: Children's Leader's Training
iLearn - Youth & Children's Ministries
This iLearn course is designed to equip all children’s leaders for ministry with The Salvation Army.
- The vision
- Faith development for children
- Leading children
- Pastoral awareness
- Programme planning
- Children in the community
- Children's ministry online
- Leading well into the future
There is a Learning Journal to accompany delegates throughout the training that includes key points from each module, a space for notes, activities and prompts for personal reflection.
All children's leaders:
- A mandatory course for children’s leaders before they are commissioned as YPSMs, Children’s Ministry Team Leaders or Junior Soldier Sergeants.
- A highly recommended course for all those who work with children.
- A highly recommended course for teams of children’s leaders in a corps to learn and journey together.
The modules can be worked through at your own pace.
There is a comprehensive resource list of additional content for those wishing to deepen their learning in a specific area.
Connecting with other children's leaders
While the course can be completed at your own pace, Youth & Children's Ministries want to create a learning community to share experiences and knowledge.
There will be six cohorts a year starting in January, March, May, July, September and November.
As part of a learning community, delegates will be invited to an online conversation to share learning. They will also be invited to join a private Facebook group to share experiences and resources going forward and stay connected as local children’s leaders.
Children’s leaders who complete RAISE will be encouraged to join the bi-monthly online Children’s Leaders’ Network for ongoing learning.
To register for the course email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your:
- Role (or prospective role)
- Address - so we can send you a Learning Journal
iLearn is the online learning platform of The Salvation Army in the United Kingdom and Ireland Territory.
It hosts a variety of formal and informal courses to support the development of officers, employees and volunteers.
Working alongside young people is central to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Upcoming events organised by the Children & Youth Department.
Discover a range of resources designed to inspire children and equip them to be disciples of Jesus.
Resources and ideas for schools ministry.