Helping children explore their personal faith journey and understand what it means to be a junior solider of The Salvation Army.
This six-session course can be used to prepare children for becoming junior soldiers, giving them an opportunity to follow Jesus. It can also be used as a nurture course for children who have already made a decision to be a disciple of Christ.
Activate has been designed with three main purposes in mind:
- To explore aspects of being a Christian to enable them to make a personal choice;
- To journey and help a child discover what it means to live a Christ-centred life;
- To help a child understand what it means to be a member of The Salvation Army as a junior soldier.
- God Loves me – helps the child understand that God loves them and they are unique.
- Choices – To show that we have to decide whether to choose forgiveness and follow God.
- Growing as a Christian – to understand that we need the help of the Holy Spirit to grow spiritually.
- More about growing – to recognize the importance of prayer and Bible reading to Christian growth.
- Living for Jesus – to encourage young people to think about every aspect of their lifestyle.
- Getting to know the Army – to understand something of the mission of the Salvation Army and how we can be involved in it.
The resources consist of:
- A leader’s guide and resource pack
- Children’s workbooks covering three different levels
- A prayer card
- A promise card and enrolment certificate
- Two leaflets for parents: This is The Salvation Army and What on Earth is a Junior Soldier?
Working alongside young people is central to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Learn more about soldiership, adherent membership and junior soldiership.
Discover a range of resources designed to inspire children and equip them to be effective disciples of Jesus.
This iLearn course is designed to equip all children’s leaders for ministry with The Salvation Army.