26 July 2022

Get ready for Harvest: An opportunity to support local mission

Hannah Kingston

The 2022 harvest envelope
Resource Co-ordinator Hannah Kingston shares an update on this year’s Harvest offering – an annual opportunity for Salvationists to raise funds for their corps and division.

As we move through the summer, preparations for autumn start to get under way so we wanted to make you aware of the Harvest resources available this year.

All corps will receive Harvest envelopes and posters in the coming weeks, and resources have been uploaded to the Resource Centre.

The annual Harvest offering is an opportunity to raise funds to support local mission.

Exciting and inspiring initiatives have taken root because of the giving in recent years and more mission-focused activities will be seeded and given the means to grow and flourish through this year’s offering.

Of the money you give, 75 per cent stays right in your corps to help fund some of the different ways you are loving God and loving others where you are. The other 25 per cent goes to your division's Mission Opportunities Fund to help resource new, exciting mission opportunities in your region.

Corps usually organise their Harvest offering, or altar service, to take place during a worship meeting in September or October. People can give through an envelope, in which they can place cash and cheques, set up a standing order or make a one-off online payment.

For more information about your corps Harvest offering and available giving options, please speak to your corps officer or treasurer.

Resources for Harvest 2022

Here are six ways you can get ready for Harvest:

  1. Search for Harvest-themed content in the Resource Centre for ideas to inform your prayer, worship and teaching.
  2. Distribute the Harvest envelopes, which will be sent directly to corps in early August. The envelopes will include links to the online giving option.
  3. Enhance your worship services by using the song lyric videos available to download on the Resource Centre.
  4. Promote your Harvest service by using the countdown slides, video, posters and social media graphics which are now available on the Resource Centre.
  5. See what God is doing and get inspired by watching a new Harvest video – coming soon.
  6. Share your mission stories to inspire and encourage your corps using the templates, ideas and tools available on the Resource Centre.

We hope and pray that the material and resources available will support you this Harvest time – that they will make your offering fruitful and enable local mission to flourish.

If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing: resources@salvationarmy.org.uk.

Written by

Hannah Kingston

Hannah Kingston

Resource Co-ordinator

Harvest 2022 Web Banner

Explore Harvest resources

Prayer, worship and teaching ideas, music videos, social media graphics, and more.

Find out more

Discover more

Six Bible studies based on Psalm 100:1-5 which help explore the theme of Generous Discipleship.

Resources to support mission across the territory.

A collection of videos to use in online or in-person worship services.

Use your resources to build God's Kingdom.

Related tags