William Booth College
Learning and Development
School for In-Service Training and Development (SISTAD)
The Learning and Development Unit is based at William Booth College and exists to enhance the mission of The Salvation Army by providing learning opportunities and tools that support ongoing development.
We are not just trainers but passionate practitioners, researchers and consultants.
We support officers and employees by:
- Empowering individuals through fostering a learning culture
- Developing and nurturing relationships to identify learning requirements
- Creating and managing accessible learning materials, environments and experiences
We do this through a number of different avenues:
- Learning courses and events
- Short courses, open learning, degree programmes, work-based courses and leadership programmes
- IT and digital learning
- Providing funding for learning
- Specialised advice from our Learning and Development Officers
Many of our courses are also open to Salvationists.
Featured coursesAll courses
This Open Learning course introduces you to some of the passages in the Bible that can help you to grow in your new relationship with God.
This Open Learning course explores the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke and encourages reflection on Christian faith, life and service.
This iLearn course gives an overview of mental health and encourages understanding and empathy towards those living and working through mental illness.
This iLearn course is designed for those who prepare or serve food and want to protect the public from food hazards and risks.